Terms & Conditions
This website is owned by BRINK VENTURES LTD.
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Brink Ventures (the "Platform") brought to you by BRINK VENTURES LTD. ("Brink Ventures "; "We"; "Us"; and "Our"), a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12004788.
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") constitute a legally binding contract between you, the user, and us. Please take the time to read these Terms carefully as they explain the legal relationship between you and us and will govern your use of the Platform and the services made available through it. By accessing or using the Platform and/or any content, materials or services made available through it you are agreeing to be legally bound by these Terms.
We reserve the right to change these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. Your use of the Platform will be subject to the most recent version of the Terms posted on the Platform at the time of such use. Although we recommend that you read through the Terms available on the Platform from time to time, so that you can be sure that you are aware of the latest version, we will give you reasonable prior notice if we intend to make any changes to these Terms that may be materially to your detriment before such changes take effect.
If you would like to contact us about the Platform, please do so using the following details:
BRINK VENTURES LTD,
Email: [email protected]
You do not need to register as a member of the Platform in order to browse some sections of the Platform, but you may not be able to access all of the features of the Platform unless you register with us and create an account on the Platform. If you are browsing the Platform and have not yet registered with us, your use of the Platform will still be subject to these Terms.
You will need to register with us in order to post any adverts on the Platform. You can register by clicking on the "Sign Up" on our homepage and submitting the information required.
You’ll need to provide a valid email address and a password, which you will be required to submit each time you log into the Platform. You may also be required to submit some additional personal information about yourself as part of the registration process. You must be at least 18 years of age to register. By registering with us you are representing and warranting to us that:
You agree that all registration information you submit to the Platform will be truthful and accurate and you will maintain the accuracy of this information.
Your account is for your use only and you agree that you will not share your account with any other person. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. You will be responsible and liable for any actions of any person logging into the Platform using your username and password (including, without limitation, any adverts posted on the Platform via your account). You should notify us immediately if you suspect that anyone else knows your password or that anyone has accessed your account without your permission. Unless we have been notified otherwise we will be entitled to assume that any person logging into our Platform using your username and password is you.
You are over 18 years of age or the legal minimum age in the jurisdiction from which you are accessing our Platform
You have not previously been banned from the Platform
We may at any time and for any reason refuse to accept a registration from any person.
Access and use of the Platform
We do not charge any fees for registering an account with us. Some aspects of the Platform are also made available free of charge, such as browsing and searching on the Platform.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that when using the Platform you will not:
- harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment;
- publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, sexually explicit, harmful, confidential, libelous, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal material or information, or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence;
- upload files that contain software or other material which are the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party, or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents;
- upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of the Platform or any other computer;
- impersonate others or create false accounts or adverts on the Platform;
- promote any activity that is illegal;
- use software or any other means to harvest information from the Platform;
- Send chain letters, junk mail, ‘spamming’ material or any other form of bulk communication;
- act in contravention of any policies for uploading content and/or posting adverts that we may make you aware of from time to time; or
- not do or omit to do anything that, in our opinion:
- brings us or the Platform into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule;
(ii) damages or puts at risk any other users of the Platform;
(iii) materially prejudices us or the Platform.
You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that we may give you regarding your use of the Platform.
You are responsible for obtaining (at your own cost) all necessary equipment and telecommunications services required to access and use the Platform.
You agree that we may suspend access to the Platform temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control and we shall not be liable to you in any way for such suspended access.
Third party sites
This Platform contains links to other websites operated by third parties that are not under our control. We make no guarantees, warranties or representations whatsoever about any third party websites that you may access through this Platform, or any services that may be provided through such third party websites.
Without limiting the foregoing, please note that any third party websites that you may access by clicking on a link available on our Platform are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by us and you agree that we shall not be responsible or in any way liable to you for the content, accuracy, compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or statements or for the quality of any products or services available on such third party websites. If you choose to access any such third party website that we do not control, you do so entirely at your own risk. In addition, please note that your use of any such third party website may be subject to that third party’s additional terms and conditions.
Posting and responding to the Platform
By posting on the Platform you are representing and warranting (which is a legal promise) to us that:
- all the information you include in your information will be truthful and, to the best of your knowledge and belief, accurate and not in any way misleading;
- any photos or videos you include in your information will be current and accurate representations of the you, your business ideas;
We do not claim any ownership of any Intellectual Property Rights in the User Generated Content that you or any other user posts to the Platform. After posting any User Generated Content you retain all rights of ownership in it and you may use the User Generated Content in any way you choose (provided it does not breach these Terms).
By submitting any User Generated Content to the Platform you automatically grant us the indefinite right to reproduce, display, modify, manage, distribute and store such User Generated Content as part of the Platform or as part of any materials used to promote or advertise the Platform anywhere in the world. We will not be under any obligation whatsoever to pay you for any of the User Generated Content you upload to the Platform.
Save, in respect of the User Generated Content, all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Platform and all content and materials contained on the Platform are owned by and shall remain owned by us or our licensors. You may view, use, download and print any materials and information made available to you through the Platform subject to the following conditions:
- the material may only be used for your personal non-commercial use;
- the material shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
- the material may not be modified or altered in any way;
- the material may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and
- you may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material.
These Terms are not intended to prevent you from recording in manual form any individual item of information, or disclosing any individual item of information, free of charge, to friends or relations for non-commercial purposes, provided you take all reasonable steps to ensure that any person to whom you may disclose that information complies with these Terms.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and, except as expressly provided in these Terms, the Platform and all content, products and services provided through it are provided on an "as is" basis. We do not make any representation or warranty of any kind, either express or implied (whether by common law, custom, statute or otherwise), in relation to the Platform or any content, products and services provided through it including, without limitation, any warranties in relation to fitness for a particular purpose or in relation to the quality, completeness, accuracy or reliability of the Platform and all content, products and services provided through it.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that any rooms, flats, houses, properties or tenancy arrangements are provided by our members and not by us. We have no control over, nor accept any responsibility or liability for, any such arrangements or issues you may encounter with them.
We do not inspect any of the properties or rooms that feature in adverts on our Platform. We strongly advise you to inspect properties thoroughly before you make any binding commitments in respect of any properties or rooms listed on our Platform.
The information made available on the Platform, whether posted by us or by any other users, is provided for information purposes only. We cannot guarantee that any adverts or other information provided on the Platform will be correct, accurate, up to date or meet your needs or requirements. The information provided on the Platform is not intended to be professional or legal advice of any kind and should not be relied on as such. Any reliance you place on any materials or information made available on the Platform is entirely at your own risk.
Although we do our utmost to ensure a reliable service we do not guarantee that the Platform will always be available or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Platform or the server that makes it available are or will be always free of viruses or other harmful components.
Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Please check the local laws of the jurisdiction in which you are resident to determine the extent to which any implied warranties may be relevant to our legal relationship with you.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to disclaim or exclude any warranty or liability that cannot be disclaimed or excluded by operation of applicable law.
Limitation of liability
Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- any loss suffered by you as a result of your reliance on any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us to you;
- breach of your legal rights as a consumer in relation to the services or products provided by us; or
- any other liability which may not be limited or excluded by applicable law.
Subject to the Terms stated above, you agree that we shall not be liable for: (a) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind; or (b) any direct or indirect loss of profit, anticipated savings, opportunity or business and loss, corruption or damage to data, in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with: (i) any use of this Platform or the services provided through it; (ii) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Platform or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Platform or the services provided through it irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; (iii) any use of or reliance upon any adverts, information, material, or other products or services offered through the Platform, in all cases even if we have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage; and (iv) any tenancy or lodging arrangements of any kind that you enter into as a result of using our Platform.
Information That We Collect on the Website
When you visit the website we may recognise your IP address. Cookies are used to ensure the smooth running of the website but no information is used to personally identify you.
Only if you complete the online form will we see any other information that you supply for correspondence purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure Information
We exercise great care when we manage Personal Data and only authorised staff can have access to this. We do not and will not sell, share or rent any personal information with anyone unless legal consent or authority requires us to do so.
Once you terminate your involvement with us we do not make further use of your information. If you want to make sure you can exercise any of your rights outlined bellowed.
Outline of Your Rights in the GDPR
- Article 6(1) - gives you the right to prevent the use of your Personal Data in certain situations. For an example, for marketing purposes.
- Article 15 - Gives you right to ask about the processing of and access to your Personal Data when you want.
- Article 16 - Gives you the right to ask for inaccurate data to be corrected.
- Article 17 - Gives you the right to ask for the deletion of any Personal Data without delay in particular situations. For an example, once you want to cease association and activities with the company and there is no other legal justification for the process of your Personal Data.
- Article 18 - If you are against the processing of your Personal Data you can ask to have it restricted.
- Article 20 - In some cases you reserve the right request and receive a portable (machine friendly) transferable format of your Personal Data. You can ask us to or transfer your own information freely.
Links to Other Websites
Other websites are featured and linked here but we do not speak for them and vice versa.
Subject to these Terms, you shall have no remedy in respect of any untrue statement made to you upon which you relied in entering into these Terms other than for any breach of our express obligations set out in these Terms.
These Terms do not create or infer any rights that are enforceable by any person who is not party to them.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights and obligations in these Terms to any other person.
If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
If any part of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court or regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
These Terms, including their subject matter and formation, are governed by English law. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms, save that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland or Scotland you may also bring proceedings in the jurisdiction in which you are resident.